Brain & Head Injury
The annual medical and loss-of-productivity cost of brain and head injuries in the United States is $76.5 billion – but what is the personal cost?
Injuries to the head and brain are a leading cause of long-term or permanent disability. At Hartel, DeSantis & Howie, LLP, our lawyers represent clients throughout Maryland. We have seen the devastating effects of these injuries. From memory loss and other cognitive problems to chronic pain, seizures, sensory issues and even psychological changes, the cost of brain and head injury to victims and their families is immeasurable.
If you or someone you care about has been in a car crash or any other type of accident that has caused a head or brain injury, we are here to provide a steady hand. We are also here to take an aggressive stance against insurance companies who do not meet their obligation to compensate you fairly and fully. As a personal injury law firm for brain and head injuries, we know how to value your claim – meaning that we look at all your needs, both today and in the future – to make sure you get what you need and deserve.Facts About Brain and Head Injuries
All head injuries should be taken seriously. Even a so-called “mild” concussion may have effects that don’t show up immediately but have serious consequences months or even years after the fact.
Did you know:
- That approximately two million Americans suffer a head injury – including skull and facial fractures – each year?
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) contribute to one-third of all injury-related fatalities and wrongful deaths in the United States?
- That there are almost half a million brain injury ER visits each year by children aged 14 and under?
- That young people between the ages of 15 and 24 are the most likely to suffer a traumatic brain injury?
- That head and brain injuries are often associated with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anger and other emotional problems?
- That falls and motor vehicle accidents are the top two causes of brain and head injuries?
- That an estimated 56,000 Americans die each year as a result of traumatic brain injury?
- That the lifetime cost for a survivor of a severe traumatic brain injury can be as high as $4 million?
Get the legal help for the compensation you deserve for a head or brain injury in MD
At Hartel, DeSantis & Howie, LLP, we are experienced personal injury attorneys who help those in the metropolitan areas of Hanover and Annapolis, MD who have suffered a head or brain injury. To learn more about how we can help you get the maximum possible compensation, please call us at (443) 749-5111 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation for personal injury cases.