Physicians, surgeons, radiologists, nurses, pharmacists and other medical professionals are supposed to heal, not harm. Yet every year, as many as 181,000 people suffer injury because of medical error, according to a study conducted by the Institute of Medicine. Furthermore, based on 2005 statistics from the CDC, preventable medical errors are the sixth leading cause of death. There is even a term for these types of incidents: they are referred to as “never events,” because they should never have happened.
At Hartel, DeSantis & Howie, LLP, we represent clients in Washington D.C., Hanover and Annapolis. We understand the fear of finding out you have been the victim of wrong-site surgery, an incorrect diagnosis or a medication error. And while we know that medical professionals are humans who can and do make mistakes, they must be held accountable for the damage done. As medical malpractice attorneys in Hanover, we are dedicated to helping our clients get justice through full and fair compensation.Vigorous Medical Malpractice Representation for Clients in the Metropolitan Areas of Washington, D.C. and Annapolis, MD
Effective medical malpractice litigation takes an in-depth knowledge of the law and an understanding of medical procedures and practices. As AV-rated personal injury lawyers, our track record of success is due in part to our meticulous preparation and our experience with complex medical malpractice legal matters, including:
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnoses of cancers – Including breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer and melanomas, as well other life-threatening or serious diseases
- Surgical errors – Including wrong-site, incision errors, medical instruments left inside the body, punctured internal organs and even surgery on the wrong patient
- Radiology errors – Including misread or misinterpreted imaging results
- Anesthesia errors – Including improper intubation, nerve damage caused by incorrect epidural procedures and improper anesthesia dosing
- Nursing errors and nursing negligence
If you have been harmed in the Hanover, Annapolis, or Washington D.C. area because of a medication error or by a defective drug, our lawyers are here to provide comprehensive yet compassionate legal assistance.
Schedule a free, confidential consultation to discuss your medical malpractice legal options in MD
At Hartel, DeSantis & Howie, LLP, we are not afraid to take on medical malpractice cases and fight the insurance companies to get you every penny of compensation you are due for the harm you or a family member has suffered. To schedule your free consultation, please contact us online or call us at (443) 749-5111. Our office is conveniently located in Hanover, MD.